Tony Mo Teer system boots from a family of seven generations, the family production of UGG boots as livelihoods. UGG boots like the production of the manufacturers, in Australia there are many, most of the manufacturers belonging to the family workshops, a smaller scale.
• 1979 年 Brain Smith Brian Smith found business opportunities, so the UGG boots brought to New York, set up a holding company UGG, in 25 countries registered trademark UGG and sold in 1995 Deckers Outdoor decoration by outdoor companies.
• Thereafter decorator outdoor company informed the Australian 20 manufacturers have called UGG trademark ownership, and they can not then claim the title UGG. Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ICANN ordered them to stop using the Internet “UGG”. • traders who set up a joint Australian UGG boots Association and decorators Outdoor Corporation affirmed struggle, their defense on the grounds that UGG Australia is a country of origin, and Australian manufacturers have to do this kind of boots made for decades we all know is a comfortable flat UGG boots with sheep.
• Decorator outdoor company with trademark infringement Australia vendors began.
Results trademark dispute
• Deckers (Deckers) Outdoor Products Co., Ltd. in over 100 countries around the world registered trademark UGG, so that other brands contain the word “UGG” shall not enter the market Deckers company registered country. • But in Australia, UGG Australia Court upheld the practice of the generic name for the goods. • In the United States, the Netherlands and Turkey, the court rejected the claim that “UGG” as saying the generic name of goods, maintaining the “UGG” effectiveness as an individual brand names, Chinese court in fake “UGG” trademark of civil and criminal cases also made the same decision.
From Baidu Encyclopedia
1. Why were told Tony should “UGG” the slogan removed from the window? Because at this time “UGG” has become a trademark instead of the ordinary slogan, if you continue to use it relates to infringement.
2. What kind of intellectual property rights in this case involve? Trademark rights
3. Why use “UGG” trademark issue only recently?
In the early days because people have not the right to consciousness, there is no brand awareness, there is no awareness of the law. In the absence of registered “UGG” trademark, Australia’s manufacturers have not put UGG as a trademark to look at, these problems would not exist.
4. Decorator outdoor company with which way to inform UGG Australian manufacturers to stop using the name? · Send letters firm was expelled from eBay · · Internet organization ICANN stop · notify the store to stop using the slogan UGG
5. The Internet is how it affects the mark? After decorators outdoor company has UGG trademark ownership, the development of Internet regulatory agency ICANN command other vendors to stop using the “UGG” on the Internet. After sales channels because most manufacturers are foreign sales through the Internet, you can not use “UGG”, its sales of goods difficult. At the same time, consumers search for products through a network can only be “UGG Australia”, a monopoly market for its enormous benefits